What is a patio door?
Sliding patio doors, also known as gliding doors or sliding glass doors, are found in a lot of homes. They appear similar to but operate differently than a French door, which swings in or outward. The operating glass panel of a sliding patio door glides on rollers on a track in the sill. This design provides great ventilation with the operating panel stored completely and safely out of the way when in the open position.
What patio doors are available at The Window Source?
Window Source patio doors come in both double and triple panel models. All double and triple insulated glass panels come with code-compliant tempered safety glass in all panes. The vinyl gliding panel frames are reinforced with heavy-gauge steel to make your door strong and durable and feature a full interlocking meeting rail.
The sliding panel rides on a solid brass rolling system for easy operation. The threshold features a strong anodized aluminum sill cover to last a lifetime. You will enjoy the large open view from your new patio door.
Each door comes standard with white or beige handles. Optional brass, satin chrome, or oil-rubbed handles are also available.
And with our LowE/Argon glass upgrade, your new door carries the Energy Star certification, assuring you of energy savings and comfort.
Patio Door Features
- Multi-chambered vinyl frames
- Fusion-welded sashes
- Full vertical heavy-gauge steel reinforcement in sash frames
- Tempered safety glass in all panes
- Warm edge spacer system
- Meets Energy Star requirements with LowE/Argon glass optional upgrade
- Over-sized tandem steel rollers provide easy gliding operation
- Dual point opposing hook locking mortise
- Optional dual-point lock and/or our optional foot bolt lock
- Transferable Lifetime Warranty