What is a bow window?
A bow window unit also projects outward from the wall of the house. The bow typically contains three to six window units, all equal in size. Although each window is straight, the bow unit will form a curve. Ventilating casement units are typically selected for bow windows, sometimes along with non-operating picture window units.
Where is a good location for a bow window?
You may have an old bow window that needs to be replaced. Also, any picture window is a great location for a new bow window. The new projecting unit is custom-made and will not require costly time-consuming structural changes. It will add a new dimension to the room, and to the exterior of the home. It can be tied into an overhang or installed with an optional roof assembly.
Bow Window Features:
- Multi-chambered 3 1/4 inch vinyl frames
- Heavy duty solid wood buck frame with steel mullion rods securely supports entire bow or bay unit
- Head and seat are 3/4 inch exterior grade plywood with birch veneer stainable finish
- All trim and window stops are made with #1 clear white pine
- Casements and picture windows are available with interior wood grain finish
- Frame accepts any combination of our standard picture and operation units
- Structure supports spacious projection for visual depth and utility
- Warm edge spacer system
- Exterior vinyl cladding is completely maintenance free
- Can be built into exterior soffit area for protection and a finished look
- Optional shingle roof package
- Insulated seat board
- Meets Energy Star requirements when purchased with LowE/Argon